What is Email Marketing and How does it work?
Email marketing is a kind of direct marketing that utilizes electronic mail as a medium for delivering commercial or fundraising messages to an audience. Broadly Speaking, every email sent to a possible or current customer could be considered email marketing.
What are the types of E-mail Marketing?
9 Kinds Of Mail Marketing You Could Be Addressing
- Welcome Emails
- Dedicated Emails
- Lead Nurturing Emails
- Transactional Emails
- Sponsorship Emails
- Email Newsletters
- Re-Engagement Emails
- Review Request Emails
- Brand Story Emails
What is an E-mail Marketing Campaign?
An email marketing campaign is a combination of a set of individual email messages that are sent across a specific period with one specific purpose. This specific goal or calls-to-action (CTAs) can be like the following: download an e-book or pdf file, sign up for a newsletter, or purchasing an item.
Every Email to be sent requires a captivating subject line, Quality Content with an added specific call to action for tracking purposes and make the campaign Successful.
Benefits of implementing Email Marketing for Business
- most people check their emails every day
- It Generates more Conversions
- It is highly efficient than most of the traditional marketing tactics.
- Automation of your sales cycle.
- Increase in traffic to your website
- You can easily track and measure Email Marketing
- Can build brand awareness by email marketing.
- You can point your marketing campaigns for the best results
- utilizing marketing emails to improve relationships with your customers.
- Email marketing content is easily shareable
- You can approach people on any type of device
- E-mail Marketing lets you add a personal touch to your marketing
- Email Marketing assists you in saving time while reaching the more audience possible
- Automated emails can assist you to increase dropped cart conversions
- Email marketing gives real-time communication
- Testing email content encourages you to optimize content
- Email integrates comfortably into your other marketing channels
- You can communicate current customers on your e-mail list without depending on SEO or advertising.
What are email marketing tools?
E-mail marketing tools are marketing means applied to create, send, test, optimize, and report on their Email Marketing campaigns. One of the most basic email marketing tools is an ESP (email service provider).
Some of the best e-mail marketing automation tools that we’ve picked for this comparison:
Analytics and Metrics:
Top 17 Necessary E-mail Marketing metrics that you should track in your campaigns.
- Open rate
- Click-through rate (CTR)
- Conversion rate
- Bounce rate.
- Number of unsubscribes.
- List growth rate.
- Spam complaints.
- Domain Open Rate
- Domain Click rate
- Forwarding rate/email sharing.
- Engagement over time
- Overall ROI
- Email sharing rate
- Mobile Open Rate
- Mobile Click Rate
- Revenue per Mail
- Revenue per subscriber
Best Practices of E-mail Marketing
- Do not Buy contact lists
- Stop usage of ‘No-Reply’ in the sender’s email address
- Hold to lesser than three typefaces
- Enhance the email’s preview text
- Must Include an Email signature of your own
- Regular Cleaning of Email list
- Always keep the foremost message and call-to-action over the fold
- Try to Personalize the Email greetings.
- Maintain your email 500-650 pixels wide
- A/B test various subject lines and different CTA’s (calls to action)
- Place your Company logo in the center or to the upper-lefthand side of the email
- Use incentives to boost open rates
- Grant recipients to subscribe to your newsletter
- Write compelling and Short subject lines
- Implement auto-responders for opt-ins
- Closely match emails to landing pages
- Carry a five-second test
How Can I get an email list for marketing?
Here are a few ideas in which you can build an email list organically:
- Use of Forms.
- Implement Lead Generation Offers.
- Openly ask people for their Email Address.
- Offering Free Stuff.
- Utilizing Social Media.
- Make Free bonus content that is worth paying for.
- Attach A Signup Button To Your Facebook Business Page.
- Build A Blog & Offer A Subscription
- Request For Feedback On your Products And Services
- Ask For Reviews and Customer Testimonials
- Run or Serve A Webinar
- Host Offline Or Online Events
- Get Contact Info On Your Website
- Build A Newsletter
- Build A Funnel
Reading Time: 4 minutes