What is a local listing, and why is it important for SEO?
Local Business listing is a way of marketing your products and services by listing your business on online business directories.
The business directory is just like a telephone directory where it allows business to list their business based on industry type, location, category.
Users can find the location of a business near to them by going through these business directories.
Example: Google my business, bing places, etc.
Key Elements of a Local Business Listing
Check the specific set of fields that are asked while listing your business on local business listing sites.
- Official Business name/title
- Business Address
- Contact details
- Website Home Page URL
- Business Category
- Description (summary of your business that should include the products and services you provide)
- Tagline if any
- Social Media profiles Pages
- Images (products, services)
- Additional media
- Alternate phone numbers
- Fax number
- Brands carried
- Payment forms accepted
Local Business Listing-Specific Ranking Factors:
- No of citations – structured or unstructured citations connected to your business.
- Accuracy and consistency of NAP(Business Name, Address, contact details) across all the local business listing sites.
- Ranking also depends on the quality of the domains where your citations are listed that includes both structured and unstructured citations.
Local Business Listing Submission Sites
Reading Time: 2 minutes